Flex Digital Privacy & Security
Flex Digital takes the security of your data and our infrastructure very seriously. We are committed to providing an environment that is safe, secure, and available to all of our customers. Without these basics we would not have a company.
Your data is safe with us! Our sales and marketing efforts are about building relationships with our customers. The only data we store about you is the data you explicitly give us if you fill out our contact form or sign up to our mailing list. We store numbers on how effective one contact button is from the next as a conversion percentage representing number of people visiting the site against the number of people who completed the form. We also pay Google for ads – ran by our own team and we get numbers on how many clicks these adds have had. None of our web performance metrics can be used to identify you individually.
Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we’ll protect the information you share with us.
We can promise that we will never sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
Flex Digital. (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Flex Digital, 1 Victoria St, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6AA. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Richard O’Brien.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
● Information that you provide to us by filling in any web forms or by using the mail:to email link on our site flex-digital.net (“Our Site”). This includes information provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us.
● Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email)
● Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the phone call and information you share with us.
● Information that you provide to us by completing surveys. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
● Details of transactions you carry out with us, including but not limited to Our Site, and of the fulfilment of projects we are commissioned to assist you with.
● Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, regional location data (not your personal address), web-logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
● Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Act.
We may also use your personal information and/or usage information to:
● Consider your application if you have applied for a career opportunity with us
● Enable and allow you to participate at events or to contribute to publications (or to assess your suitability to participate or contribute), including without limitation to respond to your queries or comments
● Operate our business (including developing new products and services, conducting research, managing our communications, producing training materials and programmes, determining the effectiveness of and optimising our advertising, analysing our products and services, and performing accounting, auditing, billing and reconciliation activities)
● Prepare and provide aggregated data reports showing anonymised information (including, without limitation, compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes
● Ask for feedback on our services and products
● Comply with industry standards and our policies.
We collect and process the following data about you:
● To help us better understand how visitors engage with our website (this is done through Google Analytics)
● We may collect information about your computer, including your operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
● Our cookies aren’t used to personally identify you as an individual or your device location.
We have categorised the cookies we use on our site using the ICC UK Cookie guide. We use the following categories on our websites and other online services:
Category 1 — Strictly Necessary Cookies
cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our websites and use their features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets and e-billing cannot be provided.
Category 2 — Performance Cookies
cookies collect information about how you use our websites — for instance, which pages you go to most and which pages you came from. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. We just get to see, for example, that our advert on Google had x number of clicks. We use this data to help optimise our websites and make them easier for you to navigate. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Category 3 — Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing. For instance, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you our website localised for your area. We may also remember preferences such as text size, fonts, and other customisable site elements. They may also be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on non-Flex Digital websites.
Where We Store And Process Your Personal Data
We may share your personal information and usage information:
● with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including, without limitation, those that offer, host or operate our systems. However these details will not be resold or used for marketing purposes. Only essential information in order to perform necessary operations.
● to comply with UK law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as requirements of emergency services and/or law enforcement agencies
● to enforce our agreement with you
● to analyse and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read, and your location)
evidence in litigation in which we are involved, or to protect our rights, property or the rights or property of our users, third parties and/or the public
● in the event of any sale, assignment, transfer or acquisition of all or substantially all of Flex Digital’s assets or shares by a third party
● with other third parties, with your consent
● as aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research and other purposes
If data are disclosed to contractors during commissioned data processing they shall be subject to this policy, and, if applicable, to other additional or relevant alternative data privacy provisions and contractual conditions.
If now or in the future we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site or Third Party Web Services that we provide or utilise, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use encryption to help protect the transmission of personal information from you to us. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
● To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
● To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
● To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
● To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
● We may also use your data to provide you with information about our goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these via email or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer we will only contact you by
electronic means (email) to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data as stated above for marketing purposes, please let us know.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
● In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
● If Flex Digital, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
● If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Options and Rights
If you have provided us with personal data, we will keep your information in accordance with our retention policy. You may withdraw your consent to our processing by emailing us and we will apply your preferences in our future communications. If statutory retention periods require further provision, we will lock those records.
You may also email us to access information we hold about you, or to request rectification of any personal data we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us not to utilise your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time below. In addition, if we have not interacted with your organisation for some time, we will remove your details from our systems and only store information that helps us conduct business, or to help our customers obtain a better service from us.
If you have any queries about your data, please contact us by email using firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at 1 Victoria St, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6AA.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and we will process your request in a timely manner; deleting and/or amending your data as requested.
Data Protection and Security
Flex Digital is committed to protecting your information. To do so, we employ a variety of security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Flex Digital use state of the art security scanning tools: https://intruder.io scans all our internal and external endpoints for vulnerabilities monthly. It also proactively scans all endpoints as soon as a virus or security vulnerability is published to test if the systems have the vulnerability. This enables much faster resolution times vastly reducing the risk of potential breach.
All data is encrypted in transit with AES 256. Sensitive information is encrypted at rest.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Contact Flex Digital
Our Digital Partners
Want to talk about how
we can help your business?
Book a call with one of our digital experts
Flex have helped to raise both our online presence and exposure. By effectively managing our PPC, SEO and online marketing channels. They have helped us grow our business to levels that we would never have anticipated. I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking to better their business, no matter how big or small.”
Managing Director – Marble Supreme
Flex have consistently offered outstanding advice and service and there is no doubt they are experts in their field. They have helped us to dramatically increase our PPC success and are now supporting us with SEO. We would have no hesitation in recommending Flex and look forward to working with them for many years to come.”
Marketing Manager – Lovell Stone Group
Flex achieved a 35% increase in business. From the outset, they really understood what we were trying to achieve.”
Former Head of – Bristol & Bath Science Park